Sublime/Sublime Unreleased Material

Hey Matt, I've enjoyed learning about Sublime through your answers! Sublime is my favorite band, so I really enjoyed "Rewind Selector" as well. I got a couple questions for you.

1. I saw in one your earlier answers that you still hear some new Sublime snippets here and there. The most recent clip I've personally heard is the "Dont Act Stuck Up" clip that was on the Toko Tasi song. What are some of the most recent unreleased material you've heard or found?

2. I have two unreleased Sublime I was curious about. I have a minute and a half long studio version of "World of Inflation". It cuts off at the very end of the track, so it seems like there is at least a little bit more of the recording. Any idea if the full version of this song is out there? And what bootleg did this song come from? The second song I wanted to know about is a third version of "89 Vision" what bootleg is this song from?

Thanks for taking the time read all this man, I appreciate it!

Sorry, I've not had the chance to offer a detailed response to this set of questions. I was in San Diego for a work conference, then I broke my rib ATVing in Ocotillo, CA. I'm back in GA now, resting, recovering, working, and hanging out with my daughter.

1) All the newest Sublime I hear of being released and coming to light comes from Facebook these days, believe it or not. Places like Sublime Fans 86-96 or Sublime with Bradley Uncensored have put me in touch with folks that release new live shows or snippets on Youtube. However, Universal (the ones who released Everything Under the Sun) may have plans for a new box set, because they started claiming copyright on many youtube videos with rare Sublime audio. Anyway, sorry I don't have concrete examples, but if you have Everything Under the Sun, you're on top of the game, for the most part.

2) What if I told you "World of Inflation" wasn't a studio track, but was live at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ, 4/2/1995?

Here's the full track ^ but you're not wrong; the releases cut it off, right after "Whoa Whoa Whooaaaa!"

I don't know what you mean by "a third version of '89 Vision'", sorry!

Again, sorry for the delay, but I hope the ideas and the full track keep you happy!

Matt Maguire

Guarantee: you will receive an answer within 2 days of posting the question -- whether it is a referral to a different expert or a straight answer to your question. I can answer most questions about the band, the significance of the lyrics, the show dates, the unreleased albums and tracks, misinformation, and, above all, I am an expert on their influences and related music. Additionally, if you're looking for that hard to find track or a cheap alternative to the $300 book Crazy Fool: Portrait of a Punk, I might be able to help.

I have been a huge fan for 16 years, I ran a server which distributed Sublime's live and unreleased music 24/7 for 4 years, I have answered questions about the band daily for a decade on their old website, and I know some of the largest collectors in the world. I created the 5 CD bootleg "Rewind Selector" which documents the influences of Sublime and was the topic of a Spin Magazine interview.

I did not study music in college, but I majored in English, so I can write a clear response. I worked as a research assistant in the past, so I have skills in research if I need to figure out an answer.

Sublime fans aren't my clients, but I have distributed swag and rare tracks to all those who want them for years at little cost.