Sublime/Don't Push Lyrics

Question
Hey Matt,

I've asked a few questions here before, love your answers. Yet another question! What are the lyrics in "Don't Push" where it sounds like "fire one shot, come come..." and on. And who sings them? Is it a sample? It doesn't sound like Brad. Thanks!

Answer
Well hello again Sam,

The lyrics are from a real reggae song, but they're not the actual lyrics -- kind of scatted and misinterpreted like much of Brad's work.

"them a fire one shot for peace equality
come come thema come with a rougha stylee
come come they na care about your wicked stylee
come come if ya come with your wicked stylee

thema fire one shot
pump pump lick-a-shot   
thema fire two shots
pump pump lick-a-shot
thema fire three shots
pump pump lick-a-shot
thema hear about me rock

with mi armor
thema launch they attack with mi armor
when they start counter react with mi armor
thama launch an attack with mi armor
counter react with mi armor
when they start counter react
when mi am bigger
hear mi copy tell you about this wicked stylee"

I do believe it is Brad simply because that was his style to not even get the lyrics right on a song that was to be recorded and released to the world. It is lower, but it's an intentional voice change and use of Jamaican patois.

EDIT!: This is not Brad and the guy who does that part, as well as the second verse on New Thrash is the same person: Adam "Shorty". This information can be found in the liner notes on the Cranberry 40oz to Freedom vinyl release. (Thanks Josh Woodby!)

I can't for the life of me figure out who sang the original song and now it's driving me insane. Here's my sample/lyrics list for Don't Push:

Don't Push ---- Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley)
Don't Push ---- Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
Don't Push ---- Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley) [Stolen from Africa]
Don't Push ---- Lookin' Down the Barrel (Beastie Boys) [Racism is schism]
Don't Push ---- Up All Night (Boomtown Rats)[Up all night]
Don't Push ---- Wake the Town (Tenor Saw) [Go and wake the town, tell the people the news... tell them reggae music is on the loose)
Don't Push ---- Rough and Rugged (Shinehead) [rough and rugged, I keep my body strong...]

I'll reply if I find it, but for now you're just going to have to trust me on it.

Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire