Sublime/Eileen

Question
Matt,
I read in one of your posts about Eileen being 15 when she first caught Brads eye. I also read where you said Eric found pictures of her in an adult magazine.
She is a very prominent person in the history of the band and Brads song writing (IE, Pool shark, Get Out, Slow Ride).
I have a couple of questions about her.
First, do you think she was the emphasize for the song "Wrong Way" (I am not saying it was her life's story).
Second, there are a lot of pictures of Troy on the Web. Do you know of any pictures of Eileen? I am not referring to the adult ones. Although I would not say no to them being way over 18 years of age and after all I am just a man (Wrong Way reference).
You can also tell Brad is kind of jaded in the Erleen song.
As you know yesterday would of been the great one's (Brad the genius) 48th Bday and even though he has been gone 20 years Sublime is really the only thing I listen too, besides a little Op Ivy, LBDA, Toko Taski, Rancid s Ska, and sometimes Bad Manners, Specials, REM. It's amazing the staying power of Brad and Sublime and all the new fans Sublime attracts each year.
Thanks in advance,
Tmart

Answer
TMart,

I don't think anyone knows what magazine she was in. The way I've heard the story told, it was just a cheap rag magazine and it sat in the driveway for a while until the elements took it away. If it was Playboy or something with back issues, some superfan would have dug it up from the archives. There are no photos of her or her full name in any of the Sublime circles I frequent.

Brad's birthday seems to sneak up on me each year, but I was aware yesterday. I basically try to hold off on any outreach to his family until the next day, because it's a bittersweet day for them. Jim "Papa" Nowell's birthday is on the 21st, FYI.

I put in a request for more info on Eileen with one of Brad's old roommates on your behalf, but I'm predicting that the answer won't provide more information. If it does, I'll post it here for you.

Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire