Sublime/Fishbone's "Skankin to the Beat"

Question
Hi Matt,

So as you may know (or not lol,) on the new Sublime With Rome album "Sirens," there is a cover of the Fishbone song "Skankin to the Beat." In an interview I saw with Rome, he stated that the original Sublime played this song and that was one of the reasons they decided to record it. So I was wondering...are there any live shows released or unreleased with the original Sublime playing this song? Both the original and SWR versions are great, but who wouldn't want to hear Brad play it??

Thanks!

Answer
There is not a recording available of Sublime performing that song, live or otherwise.

They do reference Fishbone in What Happened? where they yell out to Todd Foreman, "Play it boy wonder!" which is from Party at Ground Zero.

You're skating on thin ice asking questions about SwR....  ;)

Sublime

Matt Maguire