Sublime/Holds Sublime

Question
Matt, do you know who arrange Sublime set shows ?
Who was the Holds ?

I always thought that Brad,Bud and Eric would never arrange the amps,drums,footswitchs... I've been wrong before, but..rsrs

Keep the good work man

Answer
Carlos Alexandre Lehmann Ferrão,

There was obviously more to the team than the three-piece harm of Brad, Bud, and Eric. Songs hold some of your answer:

"...send Matt Vargas to regrip..." is a lyric from STP. The title of "Best Boy Grip" might be something you see in movie credits, but Sublime had them too.

A Best Boy Grip is "responsible for the day-to-day operation of the lighting or grip department. Their many responsibilities include the hiring, scheduling, and management of crew; the renting, ordering, inventory, and returning of equipment; workplace safety and maintaining discipline within their department; completing timecards and other paperwork; stocking of expendables; loading and unloading production trucks; planning and implementing the lighting or rigging of locations and/or sound stages; coordinating with rigging crews..."

So I imagine that other than Matt Vargas, others on the road with them had involvement. Perhaps Kelly Vargas (the replacement drummer when Bud was in rehab), Miguel, and other more minor players would help out.

Of course, their guitar tech was Dan MacDonald, who not only designed Brad's "brown guitar", but handled much of the guitars and equipment.

Hope that answers your question, but I'm not sure what you meant exactly by "the Holds"...

Matt

Sublime

Matt Maguire