Sugar Gliders/Angry Sugar Glider

judy wrote at 2015-05-04 20:04:25
I have had four gliders for a few years now.

please get him a friend but introduce them gradually.

Bonding: dont worry this will take awhile. gliders are all different. once he gets a buddy, even one in another cage next to him, this will help.

IMPORTANT: buy some "yogies" they are great treats and gliders love them. Mine love the ones I buy from ATTIC WORX.

HOld a yogie in your fingers, and just wait a few minutes, he will hate your hand being there, but their curiosity will get the better of him and he will come over to investigate. Once he smells the yogie, he will eventually come pluck it out of your hand. that is a big step. repeat as necessary.

also take something that has your smell on it and put it in his cage...smell familiarity is huge w gliders. buy a bonding pouch put him in it w apple slice, carry  him around while you do other things. give him a massage while hes in bag. you do this everyday, he WILL TAME.  

Sugar Gliders

Voodoo Moon Gliders