Sugar Gliders/nail cutting

anon wrote at 2014-12-07 01:44:46
You're cutting into the quick.  If you look closely at the nail, you can see a pink part inside of it.  That's the quick, just like in dog, cat, and other animal's nails.  If you just cut the tip off the nail, you should be fine.

It's actually quite typical for people to cut glider nails.  It can be very dangerous for them if you don't -- they can get stuck on the fabric items in their cage, or even get tangled up in them, causing them to self-mutilate.

Sugar Gliders

Amber Barrett

I can answer most questions on sugar gliders. What to do before, during and after pregnancy, how to tame babies or adults, dietary questions, housing, etc. I can not properly diagnose or take place of vetrinary care for a glider but I can give suggestions.

I have had and raised sugar gliders for over 12 years, I currently own 10 gliders and have done my fair share of research on gliders.

Extensive research on gliders, owning numerous gliders throughout the years.