Sugar Gliders/Traveling with a sugar glider

Hey!  Thanks for looking at this, the research I've done online isn't helpful.  I am moving across the country in two weeks with my sugar glider.  It's 1300 miles over 2.5 days.  She isn't fully bonded to me yet, I purchased her from neglectful owners about a month ago and she is still warming up to me.  I have a hamster cage that she typically travels in, but it has never been for more than an hour at a time.  It is about 10 inches by 15 inches by 10 inches.  I put her unzipped bonding pouch in the bottom of the cage and she has a hanging pouch on the side of the cage.  She usually only comes out of her pouch to go to the bathroom, although she will play a little bit if it is at night.  She also has her normal cage, which will be traveling in the backseat.  It is about 2 feet by 2 feet by 3 feet.  Which cage is a better option for driving time?  I plan on keeping her in her normal cage at night in hotels, but what about the driving time?  While most will be done during the day, some will be done at night.  
Do they get motion sick?  Should I have food always in her cage?  Apples are a favorite of hers.  

traveling with gliders is always hard. I would keep her in the smaller cage, but she is bound to get very stressed out. Yes they can get car sick as well as very stressed from long car rides. And it can also set back any bonding.

There is not a whole lot that you can do if you need to move, just try and prevent a ton of noise and keep the temps mild for her. After the move, I would allow a week before messing with her at all.

Feed and water her as normal but do not try and sort of bonding with her. Watch her carefully during this time for any signs of stress, dehydration or depression.

I would keep food and water in with her during the trip, best of luck to you and hope all goes well!  

Sugar Gliders

Amber Barrett

I can answer most questions on sugar gliders. What to do before, during and after pregnancy, how to tame babies or adults, dietary questions, housing, etc. I can not properly diagnose or take place of vetrinary care for a glider but I can give suggestions.

I have had and raised sugar gliders for over 12 years, I currently own 10 gliders and have done my fair share of research on gliders.

Extensive research on gliders, owning numerous gliders throughout the years.