Sugar Gliders/Fighting girls

My girls are about a year apart and have been together about two months. They love to play together and are entirely more into each other than any human. However within the last few weeks they have started bickering. Mostly at meal time. Zoey is the oldest and by far the biggest and hungriest. She fights Stella out of the cage at meal time and I figured it best to remove the food and leave it on my bedroom floor with the door open to their cage. It's not helping. They crawl out of the same pouch together and immediately, Zoey is bullying Stella until she runs away. They both seem healthy and have no fight wounds. And they will fight for a bit and ultimately go back to sleep together. Only to wake up and repeat the fighting process. What is going on?

Sounds like you have some food aggression going on, coupled with some general dominance things. I would do multiple stations when you feed, so they don't have to use the same one. Hopefully this will allow your other girl to eat without being bullied.  

Sugar Gliders

Jen Souza

I can answer pretty much any questions about sugar gliders, ranging from dietary and housing needs, to breeding/pregnancy, as well as bonding and and common health problems.

I have been working with, researching, and breeding sugar gliders for about ten years. I also had a book available at one point in time. I also help administrate one of the largest help groups on Facebook for sugar gliders, and answer questions there on a daily basis.

Sugar Mountain's Sugar Glider Guide.

Years of research and ownership, as well as keeping up on current trends in care.

I have had a multitude of clients over the years, and still have several people who I help on a regular basis. I help administrate one of the largest, if not the largest, sugar glider help groups on Facebook.