Sugar Gliders/Female Sugar Glider Sick?

Question
Hello there I bought a female sugar glider 3 weeks ago to join my male glider. She is over a year old and has been normal since I got here but yesterday when I took her out to play I noticed she was licking her pouch constantly and it was very wet and a little bloody. I could not see a baby or anything but I didnt open the pouch up either. She is not moving around very slow and her butt is straight up in the air. I can tell she is uncomfortable and she will not let the male in the pouch with her which is not normal they are best buds lol. I dont know if she could be pregnant so soon or if its something else. Hope you can help. Thank you!!!

Answer
It's entirely possible she was pregnant and gave birth. Though blood isn't typical, especially around the pouch area. So my guess would be a pouch infection, which would require the vet to do a pouch swab to culture and then medications to clear up. The vet could also check first to see if she has joeys in pouch.  

Sugar Gliders

Jen Souza