Sugar Gliders/diet

Hello there.

I am about to get a sugar glider and it will be the first time I have had any experience with one (Although I have experience with other exotic pets) and I have heard several things about their dietary requirements.
I am just after a recipe so I know what I should be feeding my glider every day to ensure it is happy and healthy!
Some people say feed mostly fruit and veg and others say only about 25% of  their diet should e fruit/veg.

Thanks for your time!

Gliders have very particular dietary needs, and what you listed isn't sufficient. They require a handmade staple of some sort that holds the bulk of the nutrients they need, then they so get fruit and vegetables on top of that.

Take a look here:

Out of these I most highly suggest the AWD diet. I would also advise staying away from the HPW Plus and HPW Complete, as they are manufactured products that have not had proper testing done on them, and there have been a number of incidents reported from people who have fed these diets. The Original HPW is fine. :)  

Sugar Gliders

Jen Souza

I can answer pretty much any questions about sugar gliders, ranging from dietary and housing needs, to breeding/pregnancy, as well as bonding and and common health problems.

I have been working with, researching, and breeding sugar gliders for about ten years. I also had a book available at one point in time. I also help administrate one of the largest help groups on Facebook for sugar gliders, and answer questions there on a daily basis.

Sugar Mountain's Sugar Glider Guide.

Years of research and ownership, as well as keeping up on current trends in care.

I have had a multitude of clients over the years, and still have several people who I help on a regular basis. I help administrate one of the largest, if not the largest, sugar glider help groups on Facebook.