Sugar Gliders/sugar glider

Question
Hi me and my family are doing alot of research on sugar gliders and considering in owning two. We are abit confused we have told they need a heat lamp but reading online people are saying they dont could you please help
Many thanks
James

Answer
They absolutely don't need a heat lamp.  The general rule of thumb is if you're comfortable, they're comfortable.  If you're worried about them being cold, just make sure they have a nice fleece pouch with lots of blankets (cut up fleece squares).  If they are cold, they'll pull them in, hot they will kick them out.

If the room the cage is in is particularly cold, you can use a small space heater to help warm it up.  Don't direct it on the cage, just let it warm the room.

Sugar Gliders

Jen Souza