Suicide Prevention/Major depression

Question
It's my senior year. In less than 6 months I've lost my sisters to CPS and foster homes, I've found out my grandpa has cancer, my grandma had 3 strokes, my dad has less than 3 years left to live, my moms in jail and I'm failing school from stress and falling asleep in my classes.

I'm so tired. I don't sleep hardly ever and if I do I wake up crying and screaming from nightmares. I can barely eat. My adopted dad refuses to let me go to counciling because he said it's a waste of their money and his time and he refuses to " cart" me around. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I've lost everything and everything is falling apart...

Answer
Hi Elizabeth..

Please could you let me know whether you recieved my reply to you. I am keen to send you some material I believe will be of great benefit to you, however would be better able to send as an attachment in an email. Please feel free to email me on my private email :

future-breeze@live.com.au

I have been worried about you, and very much want to help you through the difficult time you're having - if you'll allow me to.

I assure you that anything we discuss will at all times remain confidential. You probably feel as though you don't know who you can trust right now. Perhaps you are feeling that you've been let down by the people you should have been able to count on, and turn to. I think you're incredibly brave Elizabeth, to have taken the step you did in making contact with me. I can only say that it is an honour to have this opportunity to help you get through this. I will do my best to help you turn things around sweetie. If you have changed your mind about talking to me I will understand.. but please would you write back to let me know where things are at for you honey as I am worried!

If you wish, you can text or phone me, or let me know a number and time best for me to call you. You don't need to give me your number if you'd rather not just yet.. but please will you keep a hold of mine. I will ALWAYS accept a collect call from you if you feel an urge to talk - no matter what time of day or night.  We don't know each other yet, but I'm hoping that will change and that I will earn your trust.

My number is (your internationaly calling code, ie 00 or 001 - whatever you call to dial out of USA, and then for Australia it is 61 and my cell number is 452 434 447, so:  (00?) 61 452 434 447

Btw Elizabeth I will delete this message as soon a I know you've read it, on account of it having my private contact details.  

Sending you a warm hug,

xo your friend Rachel

Suicide Prevention

Rachel Hurst