Surfing & Windsurfing/Mast base for old Alpha Phantom

Question
Alpha mast base
Alpha mast base  
Hi there

My trusty old Alpha Phantom from the early 80's has just broken the mast base.
Is there any hope of finding a mast base for this (see attached) or do I have to retire my old board?

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks
Steffen

Answer
Hey Steffen,

It looks like your tendon joint has broken. You can get a replacement here;

http://www.chinooksailing.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=2_76&products_id=2

The diameter might be larger but you could sand it down to fit into your parts. This is about the only solution I can suggest as finding a complete replacement base will be extremely difficult. If you lose or break either of those parts, you will have a stand up paddle board.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,
Windlover

Surfing & Windsurfing

Windlover