Surfing & Windsurfing/Mistral A-style fin box....need replacement

Question
Hi---

I was sailing my older Mistral Competition long board and unfortunately the fin box failed (don't think I hit anything except a large wave b/c I was getting a little air today the waves were so big).  Anyway, the fin box is broken in 2 places, but can be removed with 3 screws.  The board around the box looks to be repairable, but I am not sure how to locate the part for the fin box. Do you know of any source for one of those? This would be the old style A-box I think it is called...or can I just replace with a newer style tuttle box or otherwise?

Thx in advance!

Eric

Answer
Hey Eric,

Your best option is to replace it with the same size and type currently in your board. Changing to a different type is probably more work than it is worth. Just Google 'windsurfing fin box' for some sources to new boxes. You should be able to find a replacement fairly easily.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,
Windlover

Surfing & Windsurfing

Windlover