Surfing & Windsurfing/mistral taloa fix box

I have an old mistral taloa board (80's early 90's I am guessing), it has 3 fins, I broke the box for the center fin.  The plastic box that holds the fin to the board.  Any idea where I might find a replacement?

Hey Doug,

You will probably never find an original model fin box but there are aftermarket boxes that will work. You will need an 'A Box' or 'US Box' type fin box. Most are a generic length and width but measure your box and verify the new one is the same.

As to where get one, just google 'fin box' for a number of results. Also try using Mistral Taloa in in a search. You could get lucky on parts or info. Most fin boxes will be available through surf shops. Most places will have pics but be sure to get dimensions to verify a good fit.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,

Surfing & Windsurfing

I have 26 years experience windsurfing and can answer many questions regarding technique for all levels, equipment rigging, how to go fast, some tricks, and where to sail in your area. I can also provide many links to info regarding travel, gear, and how-to`s. For those looking for older parts or general info regarding older equipment, I can usually help.

26 years windsurfing throughout many parts of the USA & Canada.

Number one expert at