Surfing & Windsurfing/mistral taloa fix box

Question
Hello,

I have an old mistral taloa board (80's early 90's I am guessing), it has 3 fins, I broke the box for the center fin.  The plastic box that holds the fin to the board.  Any idea where I might find a replacement?

Thanks

Answer
Hey Doug,

You will probably never find an original model fin box but there are aftermarket boxes that will work. You will need an 'A Box' or 'US Box' type fin box. Most are a generic length and width but measure your box and verify the new one is the same.

As to where get one, just google 'fin box' for a number of results. Also try using Mistral Taloa in in a search. You could get lucky on parts or info. Most fin boxes will be available through surf shops. Most places will have pics but be sure to get dimensions to verify a good fit.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,
Windlover

Surfing & Windsurfing

Windlover