Surfing & Windsurfing/old fanatic windsurfer parts

I have (was given for the kids) most of an old Fanatic 300 (I was told it might also be known as the 320) It is, however, missing the fin and centerboard. I've tried emailing Fanatic for parts info, but so far no response. Any thought on where these parts could be located. The board is in good shape, as is the sail, and it would be a shame to throw it in the dump.

Hey Steve,

You can get a replacement fin but the daggerboard will be very difficult to find. Without the daggerboard you could use the board as a Stand Up Paddle board. You could watch eBay for a daggerboard but it will take a lot of time and patience to find one. The hard part is finding the correct one as they are proprietary to that board. For the fin, you need to look for a US Box type fin. The type of box is defined by the part of the fin that goes into the fin box. Look for a fin at least 12" and something 14-16" would be better for a long board like yours. Here is an example of a US Box fin. Try eBay for fins.

The other part to check is the mast base. This connects the mast to the board. If there is a long slot on the top of the board, replacing the base is easy. If there are just a couple of holes, the the base is exclusive to that board and hard to replace.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,

Surfing & Windsurfing

I have 26 years experience windsurfing and can answer many questions regarding technique for all levels, equipment rigging, how to go fast, some tricks, and where to sail in your area. I can also provide many links to info regarding travel, gear, and how-to`s. For those looking for older parts or general info regarding older equipment, I can usually help.

26 years windsurfing throughout many parts of the USA & Canada.

Number one expert at