Surfing & Windsurfing/Mast Pin

Question
QUESTION: I have an F2 Comet slalom board and I am missing the pin (clip?) that holds the mast in place. Can you advise about how to get a replacement or how to make a replacement?

ANSWER: Het Patrica,

I would need to see a photo of your base and where it connects to the board. Try to get a clear close up of the board connection. The solution for you might be easy but I need to see what you are working with to be able to give you good advice. You can attach up to two photos per question.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,
Windlover

mast
mast  

board connection
board connection  
QUESTION: Thank you. Here is a picture of the mast and the board connection.

Answer
Hey Patricia,

Thank you for the good pics. It will be very difficult to find a replacement so you will need try to get one made. You will have to remove the connector to get to the pin/clip area. If the clip is missing, there may be something broken that held the clip in place. You should be able to get an idea of what the clip size and shape was. It is probably going to look something like an elongated horseshoe. It was most likely made from a sprung steel wire. I would recommend checking with a local machine shop to possibly getting something made. You will néed to take the connector pieces and the mast base so they can figure out how the connection works and possibly make a new clip.

One other possibility would be to write to F2 to see if they might have a clip or know how to get a new one made. They might give you dimensions.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,
Windlover

Surfing & Windsurfing

Windlover