Surfing & Windsurfing/Old HiFly boom to mast tying

I have purchased a very old board/mast/sail. The boom to mast connection must be tied. There is a plastic piece attached to the mast and the boom has a roughly "c" shaped part (that is part of the clew(?) end that should be tied in position against the part on the mast.
I have read everything I can find on how to securely tie this connection, and everything refers to tying with the boom parallel to the mast. Do you know if this is applicable in this case? there is very limited surface on the plastic parts to wrap rope around (there are a couple of pass-through openings and one cleat).
I would be very grateful for any suggestions or advice if you have seen this configuration before.
Thanks for your consideration

Hey Brian,

I have seen almost all types of configurations and yours is not so different.

Attaching a boom with the older tie on type boom head is a bit involved but once you have done it a couple of times it will be easy. Follow this like to a very extensive description of how to tie on a boom along with a lot of other good info for learning all the parts of a windsurfer.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,

Surfing & Windsurfing

I have 26 years experience windsurfing and can answer many questions regarding technique for all levels, equipment rigging, how to go fast, some tricks, and where to sail in your area. I can also provide many links to info regarding travel, gear, and how-to`s. For those looking for older parts or general info regarding older equipment, I can usually help.

26 years windsurfing throughout many parts of the USA & Canada.

Number one expert at