Surfing & Windsurfing/F2 Strato fin screw/slider issue installation

Question
Fin Screw
Fin Screw  
HI

Just bought a F2 Strato. I'm having a real challenge getting the square slider to not fall once it's in the plastic slider when I try to match it with the screw. Is there a " trick" to this?

It's rather frustrating. I was told it's the correct bolt.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Answer
Hey Jamie,

Looking at your picture it all looks like the correct parts. You have to slide the end of the fin with the pins in first and slide it towards the tail. Remove the fin screw from the nut. Slide the nut down into the slot and using a thin screwdriver or similar to tip the bottom of the nut towards the front and then slide the nut all the way forward. The nut should just fit in the slot as the sides of the slot are what hold the nut from turning. The key is getting it to lay down flat in the slot as you are sliding forward. Then adjust the fin to the location you want and push the screw end down as far as you can. Then slide the nut back and using the small screwdriver, push the nut under the fin tab until the holes line up. Insert the screw and tighten. Place some padding on the sharp end of the fin and push forward. Tighten the screw again and you should be ready to go.

Hope this helps.
Keep on sailing,
Windlover

Surfing & Windsurfing

Windlover