Suzuki/Loss of Power

Steven c wrote at 2013-03-03 23:21:38
Hey man i got a 93 jx 16valve 1.3 and i was having the same problem i was prolly getting down to 10 mpg and i couldnt even drive on the highway becuz of the lack of power... But what i did made all the difference in the world what i did was ajust the timing and how you do that is there is a 12mm bold on the disributer loosen it and the distributor will slide back and forth ajust it till it reackes about 800 rpms (make sure your engine is warmed up ) and the tighten it back up and that made mine run like new  

David Scott

Questions regarding the advisability of different kinds of modifications to Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker for various kinds of off-road usage. IF IT'S NOT A SAMURAI/SIDEKICK/TRACKER, I MAY ENTIRELY AT MY OPTION, MAKE A GENERALIZED STAB AT THE ANSWER, BUT WHEN YOU ASK NON-SAMURAI SORT OF STUFF, REMEMBER THAT i'M NO LONGER IN A FIELD I KNOW WELL, AND SOME OF MY RESPONSES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE OTHER THAN GENERAL INFO. The last Suzuki motorcycle I've had any experience with is a 1966 X-6, when I owned it in 1967.

I've been a professional mechanic for over thirty five years, live in the center of the Rocky Mountains, and have been active in exploring the old mining/4wd roads for decades. I've specific experience with Samurai modification, because that's my personal vehicle.

Thirty five years of advanced, intensive classes for experienced professionals only. Manufacturer seminars and training classes averaging four to six weeks per year. I'm now a professional heavy duty fleet mechanic, and no longer deal with issues such as MIL (check engine) lights, and electronics issues on late Suzukis such as Vitara.