Suzuki/suzuki grand vitara

QUESTION: What causes the check light to come back on when the vehicle is driven after being cleared

ANSWER: The check engine light usually means that some parameter of engine operation (at least according to the sensors, which could themselves be defective) is out of the normal range and usually is an indicator that as a result of this deviation from normalcy, the vehicle may emit unfavorable emissions.

I have been a heavy vehicle mechanic for the past ten or so years. and ceased working on smaller vehicles two years prior to the introduction of any of the Vitara lines.  I've never even driven a Vitara, much less worked on one.   The only Suzuki literature I have is for early Samurai and Sidekick and a few older Suzuki motorcycles that are now collector items.

QUESTION: What causes a vitara to lose engine power

I assume that the vehicle loses power approximately the same time as the check engine light illuminates.
Get the code pulled, and talk to your mechanic about what may be causing the problem.
In any case, there are at least twenty or thirty separate things that could be related to a loss of power from the very simple to pretty complex logic sequences that may well require thorough knowledge of injection and emissions control systems.
if finding a competent and knowledgeable mechanic is an issue go to there is a shopfinder on the first page.

David Scott

Questions regarding the advisability of different kinds of modifications to Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker for various kinds of off-road usage. IF IT'S NOT A SAMURAI/SIDEKICK/TRACKER, I MAY ENTIRELY AT MY OPTION, MAKE A GENERALIZED STAB AT THE ANSWER, BUT WHEN YOU ASK NON-SAMURAI SORT OF STUFF, REMEMBER THAT i'M NO LONGER IN A FIELD I KNOW WELL, AND SOME OF MY RESPONSES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE OTHER THAN GENERAL INFO. The last Suzuki motorcycle I've had any experience with is a 1966 X-6, when I owned it in 1967.

I've been a professional mechanic for over thirty five years, live in the center of the Rocky Mountains, and have been active in exploring the old mining/4wd roads for decades. I've specific experience with Samurai modification, because that's my personal vehicle.

Thirty five years of advanced, intensive classes for experienced professionals only. Manufacturer seminars and training classes averaging four to six weeks per year. I'm now a professional heavy duty fleet mechanic, and no longer deal with issues such as MIL (check engine) lights, and electronics issues on late Suzukis such as Vitara.