Suzuki/Geo Tracker transfer case

Hi, I have a '97 Geo Tracker with a 2" suspension lift and just recently put in a 2" body lift too.  But now after the body lift was intalled the transfer case sits too low which doesnt give the shifter enough room to move and now im stuck in 4WD.  I was wondering if there is any way to lift the transfer case, I've heard of motor mount lifts but i wasnt sure if that would do the job.  Any info you have would be helpful. Thanks

I experienced similar issues lifting the body on other vehicles with shifters for both transmissions and transfer cases.  I usually found it necessary to modify (bend) the shifter and sometimes increase the size of the hole in the floor pan, as well as fabricate new shift boots.
The transfer case is integral with the engine and trans, and your only choice is to modify the shifter and floor pan.  

David Scott

Questions regarding the advisability of different kinds of modifications to Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker for various kinds of off-road usage. IF IT'S NOT A SAMURAI/SIDEKICK/TRACKER, I MAY ENTIRELY AT MY OPTION, MAKE A GENERALIZED STAB AT THE ANSWER, BUT WHEN YOU ASK NON-SAMURAI SORT OF STUFF, REMEMBER THAT i'M NO LONGER IN A FIELD I KNOW WELL, AND SOME OF MY RESPONSES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE OTHER THAN GENERAL INFO. The last Suzuki motorcycle I've had any experience with is a 1966 X-6, when I owned it in 1967.

I've been a professional mechanic for over thirty five years, live in the center of the Rocky Mountains, and have been active in exploring the old mining/4wd roads for decades. I've specific experience with Samurai modification, because that's my personal vehicle.

Thirty five years of advanced, intensive classes for experienced professionals only. Manufacturer seminars and training classes averaging four to six weeks per year. I'm now a professional heavy duty fleet mechanic, and no longer deal with issues such as MIL (check engine) lights, and electronics issues on late Suzukis such as Vitara.