Suzuki/Completely dead Sammy

I have a 1988 Samurai that died on me on the far corner of the ranch. I had hit a large bump at a pretty good clip. It ran fine until I shut it off 10 min later.  Then it was completely dead. Rats are a problem as their favorite pastime is to chew wires and they must have had a blast. There is no power coming into the fuse box. I found a wiring diagram on the net and it shows a white/yellow wire that is fusable - where is the fuse? Hopefully it is that simple. Any other thoughts? I just need the engine to work, it has no doors, windshield or need for turn signals/lights etc.

Fusible refers to a wire that is itself the fuse and melts if the current is excessive.  It's an Asian vehicle thing that domestic manufacturers are not fond of.
If necessary, run a temporary wire to see if that helps.
I live in the high Colorado mountains, and my Sammy is under a couple of feet of snow, so I can't go look at it to see if I can find it.
usually fusible links are located at the battery.
Get back to me again if the problem persists.

David Scott

Questions regarding the advisability of different kinds of modifications to Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker for various kinds of off-road usage. IF IT'S NOT A SAMURAI/SIDEKICK/TRACKER, I MAY ENTIRELY AT MY OPTION, MAKE A GENERALIZED STAB AT THE ANSWER, BUT WHEN YOU ASK NON-SAMURAI SORT OF STUFF, REMEMBER THAT i'M NO LONGER IN A FIELD I KNOW WELL, AND SOME OF MY RESPONSES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE OTHER THAN GENERAL INFO. The last Suzuki motorcycle I've had any experience with is a 1966 X-6, when I owned it in 1967.

I've been a professional mechanic for over thirty five years, live in the center of the Rocky Mountains, and have been active in exploring the old mining/4wd roads for decades. I've specific experience with Samurai modification, because that's my personal vehicle.

Thirty five years of advanced, intensive classes for experienced professionals only. Manufacturer seminars and training classes averaging four to six weeks per year. I'm now a professional heavy duty fleet mechanic, and no longer deal with issues such as MIL (check engine) lights, and electronics issues on late Suzukis such as Vitara.