Suzuki/93 Tracker Oily Fluid Leak In Dash

Question
Hi--noticed oil accumulation on drivers floorboard mat.  Inspection from floorboard looking up revealed highest point of fluid accumulation is bottom side of cabin vent hose (center to side vent) which is above steering column and pedals.  Is source of fluid leak a speedo cable seal or???  How difficult is it to replace?  Thanks!

Answer
Does it smell like transmission fluid?  Is it an automatic or standard?  The only way the speedo cable could be dripping oil is if the transmission vent is plugged and fluid is being forced backwards up the cable.  While that's possible, it's highly unlikely.  It's not that hard to pull the instrument cluster and get a good look at the upper firewall area from higher up.
Might also be a brake fluid reservoir leak.   Don't know whether later trackers have a cable or hydraulic clutch.  I have seen clutch master cylinders on hydraulic clutch systems leak like that....

Suzuki

David Scott