Swimming & Diving/breathing exercises while swimming

Question
head to side
head to side  
hello, today i had been to the swimming pool. i gave a try of taking breath during swimming. i found it very difficult. when i kept my head to a side while swimming, water went inside and i was drowning. finally, i was able to swim well keeping my head down in the water. my question is are there any breathing tricks while swimming inside the water? i cant stop my breath only for 3 to 4 seconds.

Answer
Rohit: Part of the answer I have given you 4/15-Monday: Do you recall terms ROTARY BREATHING?
TURNING  YOUR HEAD TO ONE SIDE AS YOU PULL WITH DOMINANT ARM/HAND & TAKING A FULL BREATH VIA YOUR MOUTH;THEN EXHALE THROUGH MOUTH/NOSE AS YOUR HEAD AND DOMINANT ARM GO BACK INTO THE WATER. AS YOU CONTINUE TO EXHALE THRU MOUTH AND NOSE BECAUSE,YOUR HEAD IS FACE DOWN INTO THE WATER, YOUR OTHER ARM DOES THE SAME PULLING ACTION AS DID YOUR DOMINANT ARM.  PLEASE, PLEASE REVIEW THAT REPLY!. I also told you, TO LOOK AT OTHER FREE-STYLE SWIMMERS WHO APPEAR PROFICIENT IN DOING THIS.A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS! To help you with this concept/process, get a kickboard;every pool site usually haS a few around else buy one.They're not expensive. With both of your arms extended, grasping the kickboard on outer sides as it lays lengthwise in the water, Flutter kick down the length of the pool [on your tummy of course]While you kick with your mouth just above the waterline, take a good breath thru your mouth. Once your lungs are full(air)immerse your head just above your eyebrows [do not submerse your head]. Now blow bubbles via your mouth and nose [together] until you run out of air-ALL THE WHILE FLUTTER-KICKING. THE KICKING NEVER STOPS IN SWIMMING FREESTYLE!
Out of air, now you raise your mouth [again, as you did in beginninng] inhaling via mouth; this process is repeated over & over till you get to the other side of pool. Practice this routine over & over   till you get the 'hang of it'; Remember: you must keep kicking to keep your hips/body in proper position. Now that your brain is beginning  to register this breathing technique, you swim the freesyle with ROTARY BREATHING as mentioned in a previous reply. PLEASE Don't Email me back until you've tried this for at least a month. I want to know how you're progressing BUT It does take time for the brain to incorporate this process and for it to become automatic and a fluid process. You must practice, practice; I want you to write  back that YOU'VE SUCCEEDED! be consistent if you are to succeed. Good luck. Ken

Swimming & Diving

Kenneth Pollock