Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/Jacuzzi j465 stuck skimmer weir

Question
Hello,

I am trying to replace the filter in my Jacuzzi j465 and the cylindrical skimmer weir appears to be stuck.  My understanding is that this cylinder, open at the bottom and containing an inflated float at the top, is supposed to move up and down with the height of the water.  I believe it may have gotten pushed down too far, below the level of the flange which surrounds the top of the filter assembly.  So, the cylindrical skimmer weir appears to be stuck by that flange.  Can you suggest some way of getting the skimmer weir free so I can change the filter, short of damaging the flange that is stuck under?

Thanks for your attention,

Charles

Answer
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately I don't have any easy answers for you. You just have to work at it until it comes loose. A part of it may chip, but that's the risk you take.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

http://www.parpools.com/spas

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Ron Parrs