Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/Calcium on Walls of spa

Question
Calcium on Walls of spa
Calcium on Walls of sp  
QUESTION: I have a 13 year old French grey plaster spa. 5 years ago I acid washed the spa and removed almost all of the calcium build up. It was a lot of work, and it was not perfect. Today, the calcium is back and ten times worse. I thought it might be a good idea to tile the entire spa. Can I tile over the existing plaster and calcium? Do I need to remove the calcium before tiling? What do you think about tiling to solve the problem or at least make it easier to fix in 5 years from now?  My other option is to acid wash it again.  What would you recommend?  Any other ideas?

Saturation
Saturation  
ANSWER: Hi,
Its the classic case of unbalanced water,you will have carry out LSI index.
I have downloaded the file from net and attaching it in order to prevent future recurrence.

QUESTION: I read on the internet that a (LSI) Langelier Saturation Index is the way to balance the water of pool, which is the cause of my problem.

Thank you for your answer, but perhaps, I was not clear about the question, What is the best way to REMOVE the calcium form the walls of the spa?

What would you do if it was your spa to fix the current problem?

What are my options to fix the current problem?

Would it be better to tile over the calcium to fix the current problem? If so, can I tile over the existing plaster and not remove the calcium?

Would it be better to acid wash the spa again to fix the current problem?

Would it be better to  re-plaster the spa to fix the current problem?

Thank you for taking the time to help me fix my current problem of having to remove the calcium form the walls of the spa.

Answer
HI DAVID,
SORRY FOR THE DELAY

By using acid and water balance

Lay the tiles with tile adhesive and using epoxy grout for grouting.And maintain water balance by LSI.

Best I have described above.

NO you cannot lay tile over calcium.Yes over existing plaster after removing calcium, by using adhesive and epoxy grout.

If you are able remove the calcium and maintain the water balance its Ok.

If calcium does not come off then remove plaster and Redo plaster.

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Manish J.Joshi