Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/cracks in mortar joints pool coping

end view
end view  
Hope you can help,My pool is aprox. 2 years old, for the last six months i have noticed that the mortar joints of our coping tiles (concrete pavers)are cracking, most are fine cracks but seem to go through the entire joint.One joint in particular is much larger and is cut around the skimmer box.There also seems to be some drumminess(if that is a word)in the paving, as i understand the pavers are glued down and the mortar joints are a sand/cement mix.I guse my question is what if any cracking is normal and if the cracks get worse what are the options for repair.I have had the pool company inspect the pool, they said it is covered by warranty ring if it gets worse but I'm looking at them every day and it is driving me mad.appreciate your time .

What is the water table around the pool?(water table: the ground water level)
If it is above then it could be the reason, i.e. settlement of the deck.
It could happen due to inaccurate compaction of the soil around the deck especially near the pool wall since the muck is backfilled and normally it is not compacted properly.Over a period of time the soil settles and the tiles joint crack. And if it severe then whole deck tiles come out but it is in extreme conditions.

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Manish J.Joshi

Planning, Design, execution, Installation, maintaining, FINA/SPATA/ISPE standards,Trouble shooting in water, Design of filters,U.V, Rain water harvesting, waterparks, themeparks, amusement parks, playground equipments, water slides and spas, Tiling, waterproofing, Feasibility studies

Last fifteen (15)years water industry Especially waterparks, wavepools, swimming pools, spas,

H2O The water Specialist website:- waterparks.in

B.E. major in Construction Engg. M.B.A. Finance

JVPD club India, MCF club India, HFIL in India