Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/low chlorine in pool

Question
For the last 3 weeks I have been fighting low to very low chlorine in my pool. All other testing show that the pool is balanced, except for low chlorine. I've added chlorine, but within a couple of days it's low again. I put the intellchlor salt generatorer into it's 24 hr mode. I get the right amount of chlorine, but it only last for a day or 2 and then low agian. All the lights on the salt generator are green so I'm assuming it's working properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi
What is the quantity of the makeup water do you add, since it might contain nitrates on which algaes survive so it important to know the source water and its properties.
Also check pool pH since at higher pH chlorine tends to be little ineffective.The pH should be between 7.2 to 7.4.

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Manish J.Joshi