Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/pool water

Question
I live in an apartment complex with a pool.  Sometimes the water is cloudy (milky).  This usually happens when the pool is heavily used.  Management once said it was because they had switched to a sodium based maintenance system.  Is it safe to swim in the pool when the water is cloudy?

Answer
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your question. What you described is normal... that said, the management is responsible to the local health department to keep adequate records regarding the chemical balance of the pool.

I can't directly answer your question because I don't know the particulars such as chlorine level, water balance, etc. It's up to the local authorities to regulate & you the users to alert the authorities of problems that may not be being addressed.

To learn more, I would suggest you read starting here:

http://www.parpool-spa.com/Page/Help/Pool/Cloudy_water_problems.html

I hope that helps.

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Ron Parrs