Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/Spa pump not pulling water

Question
Hey, thanks in advance for help,

Got a fairly oldish spa (3 or so yrs old) took it down for the winter and set up back up again now the weather is getting better. All these parts are working as I have tested them. Temp sensor, flow switch, heater element. The pump works fine out of the system but when plumbed in doesnt pull any water in even with filter off and primed with water. When I tested it using the connections from the motherboard and no piping to inlet, throws water good metre+. However with pipes on cannot pull any through. Have inspected and redone a joint ot two but no joy. Have done this process with 2 pumps now same both times.

Again thanks for any and all help,
Grant.

Answer
flooded
flooded  
Sorry for the delay.
Well what is the final position of the pump, i.e. is the pump fitted below water level or above. What is known flooded or positive suction since if is not the case the pump will not take water.
I am attaching a picture of flooded suction taken from net for your reference.

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Manish J.Joshi