Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/30 year old acrylic jacuzzi jets not working

I've got a 30 year old acrylic in ground jacuzzi with the spa equipment about 35ft from the spa. Just recently I haven't been able to get the jets to work so I cannot keep the pool clean. I've tried just about everything I can think of including cycling the pump on and off and resetting the filter. I even bought 1 of those expandable bladders that goes on the end of a garden hose to try and prime the pump but i never got any water in the pump. I think the water just went back into the pool. Maybe through the bottom drain/filter in the jacuzzi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thank you

Hi Dan,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner... thought I had answered this.

It sounds that you've got air within the system that is going to take some effort to purge before the pump will prime. There are not secrets except to keep ramming water in all of the lines until the system fills & can prime.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Ron Parrs

Swimming Pool & Spa/Hot tub care. Water chemistry. Problem solving. Residential pools, vinyl liner a specialty. Limited knowledge of gunite or plaster pool construction. Familiar with almost all types of sanitizing systems whether chlorine, bromine, salt, low & non-chlorine chemical treatment, biguanide (Baquacil or Soft Swim), Nature2, etc. Experience treating bio films in pools and spas. Aqua finesse, PoolNaturally & SpaNaturally (using sphagnum moss to control pool & hot tub chemistry & bio-films).

Pool & spa care experience for over 37 years. Owner of Par Pool & Spa in Stratford, CT. Websites: , , ,

Publications , websites mentioned above, Pool & Spa News

BS Accounting, University of Bridgeport, almost yearly participation in BioGuard Pool Schools, BioGuard University, Chem Plus Schools, Chem College attendance since 1981

Past President - Connecticut Spa & Pool Association, Past Board Member - Northeast Spa & Pool Association

too many to answer