Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance/Spa Pool

Question
QUESTION: I'm building a spa/pool in a very tight area. I'll attach a design. My question is in particular with the spa.  I have 12.6 ft from the lanai to the property line.  The water's edge has to be 6 ft from property line.  This will make for a narrow spa, but I have the option of extended laterally more into the pool.

What I don't completely understand is how thick the spas have to be and where double coping is required.

Our pool/spa concrete can start at 5 ft from property line.

I have engineering to support going close to patio.

ANSWER: Hi,
You require atleast 4 feet width and length 3 feet per Bather.
Now you can compute the area required.

QUESTION: 1) What is the typical bench width?
2).I'm considering elongating the spa to be 8ft water by width and I think I can figure out 5.5ft length of water.  It will be tight.
3) 6 jets with two of the jets in floor
4) spa will spillover into pool.  I wasn't sure how thick the wall was between pool and spa.
5) I keep hearing double coping and I could see if the pool/spa wall was double that you would need two coping back to back to account for this, but confused as to why I would need double coping around entire spa.
6) or is double coping because it is a raised spa and what they are saing is the coping on top of spa and then coping around base of raised spa.  A little confused here.

My focus is primarily making sure there is enough sq ft of water for 2 to 4 people.  Its not going to be huge. I get that, but I'm trying to understand how much room I will have.

Answer
What is the typical bench width?

The bench width would be 18 inches

Its okay for four people

3) 6 jets with two of the jets in floor

Ideally 3 jet per bather,two at calf and one at back.

4) spa will spillover into pool.  I wasn't sure how thick the wall was between pool and spa

Spill over is okay. If it is partition wall it could be 6 inches also

Single coping is Okay

Swimming Pool & Spa Construction & Maintenance

Manish J.Joshi