Switzerland/Summer holiday

are there good campsites in your area? Are they quiet or noisy? What kind of facilities do they offer.

Hi Brigid, thank you for your interest in the Lauterbrunnen Valley! Yes indeed, we boast 4 campsites in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. They are all open in the summer and 3 are open in the winter to. Of course in the winter one would not camp in a tent, but there are caravans and cabins to stay in. The smallest site is Camping Ruetti in Stechelberg, open only from May to September, situated ca 6km from Lauterbrunnen. This is a small, quiet, family-run site on the bank of the stream. Stechelberg is a tiny village at the very end of the public road. From there on in you can only go by bycicle,or by foot. No cars allowed! It is a very peaceful place. Then, on the way back out towards Lauterbrunnen is the small village of Sandbach.And here you find the Camping Sandbach, address Stechelberg! It is a wee bit bigger and run by very friendly family. In Lauterbrunnen itself you have the choice of the Schutzenbach Campsite : middle-sized, good facilities, no restaurant, cabins, etc. or the excellent Camping Jungfrau on the opposite side of the river. Here the facilities are also very good, an excellent grocery store, really good restaurant and caravans, cabins, chalets to rent, or sites for tents, campers etc.
Of course if you are interested in taking this further, you can contact me on my website too:
<a href=http://www.myswissholidaytips.com

I hope this answer has been helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Brigid O'Connor

Area: Bernese Obeland, Jungfrau Region, Lauterbrunnen, Mürren, Wengen, Interlaken. Topics: Travel, Accommodation, Tips, Insider Information, Family Holidays, Guided Hiking, Ski holidays, Ski School, Snowshoe trekking, Adventure, Summer holidays

Worked in Hotel Business dealing with guests for over 30years in Ireland and Switzerland. Living in this area for the past 28 years.Have assisted many family members visiting, and friends over the years to organise their vacation here. Indepth knowledge of the area with local contacts etc. I speak English and German.

School in Ireland; Professional Education Ireland; Since then Life's School!

Check out my Guestbook page on my website: www.myswissholidaytips.com for feedback from satisfied clients.