Systems Management/project management

hi i need your advice in project management for upgrading a network for a university , during the project process a fire significantly damaged the newly installed network cables and equipment, which is affect the project budget and the schedule to deliver the project goals,and make the project manager change the plan by using cheaper equipment to re-coup the losses because the university couldn't afford more refunds.  the questions are how can i define who is responsible to afford the consequences and the overrunning budget(the project manager or the university)?what criteria i should follow to define the responsibilities and what should be done to avoid this problem. i appreciate you help me in answering these questions. regards

This appears to be accidental event and if the premises is covered with Insurance then you can submit a claim. If the accident was due to carelessness then the project manager should call for an enquiry. The Project Manager/University should take this as an experience for future projects like this.

Systems Management

Can answer questions relating to WINDOWS and UNIX Platforms. Trouble shooting in WINDOWS. Commands and their usage in UNIX. Cannot answer questions in NETWORKING, though I would welcome questions and will try to answer as much as I can.

Has wide experience of 10+ Yrs in System Administration, Installation, Trouble shooting, Maintenance, etc. in WINDOWS and UNIX Platforms

Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications, Master of Computer Applications