TV Comedy/What does this joke mean in SNL?

I would like to know about this comedy joke.
In this SNL flight attendants comedy, at 5:14
The attendants said
"You know what? Don't worry. We're going to ask for some pads."
"And foam."

What does this joke mean?
It means we will provide knee pads and sponge to absorb the shock?

Thanks in advance!

Apologies for the late reply. I just saw your message.

As for the joke, it appears to be from the Megan Fox hosted SNL broadcast in 2009. It took a bit to find as the video you sent me was not available in my country.

The joke really didn't mean much. The premise was that the plane they were on was going to crash, and when the pilot claimed the landing gear didn't work and they were almost out of fuel, everyone went crazy and one of the attendants then said she would get some pads and foam. Traditionally this is used to help keep a person safe in the event of a crash as they both help avoid harm upon impact.

Pads of course help to protect someone and the foam mentioned was probably the safety foam.

TV Comedy

Joe Burgett

When it comes to TV, the best shows ever were the comedy ones. Family comedies were big in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and now. And I know everything about them. It doesn't matter if its Momma's Family, Full House, a Disney or Nickelodeon Show, etc. There is no denying that I am a TV comedy geek. Ask anything!

Over 19 years of experience here. When you grow up in the generation I did, TV is a big part of your life. I watched plenty of it, and even watched older videos from my parents' childhoods. I am a TV geek, so I know a lot about this subject

High School grad (2008) College Student, TV Broadcasting