TV Industry/TV game show

detosni1066 wrote at 2015-08-26 22:21:12
I would definitely not recommend these guys to anyone. Keep your money and time. Hold out for a name brand production company or a talent agent. I personally dealt with them. They quoted me a budget in the six figures. I put up a large sum of money and I got a two minute reel cut from images off the internet. Nothing filmed. It’s something one could basically produce from a smart phone.

Here are some things to look for when talking to them. These are from my dealings. Someone else’s situation might be different. Use your own discrepancy.

1.   The “budget” is nothing more than a number they throw out to you to base the percentage of what they want from you up front. If you really want to “partner” with them, insist on putting the funds contributed by both parties into an escrow and draw accordingly. What they aren’t telling you is that this is merely the fee they are going to take from you in order to partner with you, so most likely that will never happen. I asked for the budget numbers after I realized the reel wasn’t filmed as we agreed. I’ve never once to this day was ever furnished numbers.

2.   I was told that they would be putting up even more money than me. In fact, they said I needed to put up the money quickly in order for them to earmark their funds for my project. Translation: they need to earmark your funds for their bank account.

3.   They will tell give you all the reasons why a large budget is needed for a successful outcome. It should never cost huge dollars for a typical five minute sizzle reel. Think about that for minute everyone.

4.   If you’re expecting a transparent “partnership” don’t use them.

I’m sure there are people that love these guys. I’ve never dealt with anyone there other than the two partners. If you fling enough mud against the wall some will stick.  

detosni1066 wrote at 2015-08-27 17:31:37
I would definitely not recommend Bishop Lyons Entertainment to anyone. Keep your money and time. Hold out for a name brand production company or a talent agent. I personally dealt with them. They quoted me a budget in the six figures. I put up a large sum of money and I got a two minute reel cut from images off the internet. Nothing filmed. It’s something one could basically produce from a smart phone.

1.   The “budget” is nothing more than a number they throw out to you to base the percentage of what they want from you up front. If you really want to “partner” with them, insist on putting the funds contributed by both parties into an escrow and draw accordingly. What they aren’t telling you is that this is merely the fee they are going to take from you in order to partner with you, so most likely that will never happen. I asked for the budget numbers after I realized the reel wasn’t filmed as we agreed. To this day I have never been furnished numbers.

2.   I was told that they would be putting up even more money than me. They said they made no money until the concept was sold, but this is not the case. In fact, they said I needed to put up the money quickly in order for them to earmark their funds for my project. Translation: they need to earmark your funds for their bank account.

4.   If you’re expecting a transparent “partnership” don’t use them. It’s not a partnership if you front everything including their profits, but they mask it by telling you it's a legitimate budget.

usbf

TV Industry

Marrissa O`Leary