TV Industry/Reality TV show to foreign sponsor.

Gooday Marrissa,

I am a Nigerian working on a reality TV show to help young entrepreneurs in Nigeria get to learn from Established / Achievers in the same career.

I am looking towards a  station in UK or USA that can air the show.

Is there a possibility of getting one?
If possible, how can i go about this?

Thanking you in anticipation of my request.

NB, the idea has been patented!

Hi, Teejay.

Congratulations on your success so far!

You might have better luck selling what we call the "format rights" to your show and letting each country develop their own version based on your original and for which you receive payment.

The two traditional marketplaces for this sort of thing are MIPCOM ( and NATPE (  By researching these sites and their members, you should be able to locate names and some contact info on people who buy and sell international formats.  Then, armed with a trial subscription to IMDBPro, you can research even deeper to locate agents, attorneys, etc.

I hope this gets you started in the right direction, but please feel free to write again if you need something specific.

TV Industry

Marrissa O`Leary

Happy to help with your questions about the business of television. I've been a TV Business Affairs, Talent and Comedy executive for over 10 years after starting out as a child actress. I've been a VP at two studios, and consulted for others. Because we get so many questions about reality shows, please take a look at the "Previously Answered Questions" first (you'll probably find what you need there!). Also - please bear in mind that budgets & license fees are considered to be proprietary information and I can't share them here. Thanks!

20+ years in entertainment, ranging from child actress to studio vice president.

MBA, Pepperdine University / BA, Theatre Arts, Occidental College / AA Mass-Telecommunications Technology, Unites States International University