TV Industry/Pitching a paranormal reality tv show

Hi Donna!

My name is Shawn and I'm from Singapore. I have a reality show idea (paranormal reality series) for years now and I also own my own paranormal team where we investigate locations internationally and the show idea is base largely on this.

I have created a document that depicts the whole idea I have for the show and we are working hard to do a sizzle reel for it now. We are looking to pitch the show locally and also internationally. Can I have your advice on where and how do I go about do it? And the most realistic way I should take now, like finding producers or productions companies to pitch the show to or etc?

Hi, as ever, I refer you to my blog at Planet DMA for the detailed nuts and bolts of pitching. For a simple redux, once you've completed your one-sheet and reel, you will either partner with a production company or shop it straight to a network. Do the research on IMDb to determine which are the best fits for your project,  then contact each directly to see if they accept unsolicited pitches (you will have to sign a waiver).  You can seek an agent the same way, but it's not required.   All will expect you to have binding legal documents stating you control the creative and have any relevant talent (or other necessary) deals.

If you can't gain access to any of the above, reputable TV pitch fests will place you in front of partners if your work is accepted.

TV Industry

DMA/Donna Michelle Anderson

Reality TV Production Screenwriting Story Structure Casting & Branding for Artists

Reality TV writer/producer/show runner Story Analyst for film production company Former professional model/actor/singer Frequent public speaker College Instructor at several institutions Author of two professional books

Producers Guild of America Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Showbiz Mensans Stanford in Entertainment

Produced by Across the Internet

B.A. with distinction, Stanford University