TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Blinking yellow light on Toshiba 65" DLP

Adam wrote at 2009-08-04 17:10:14
I had this exact same problem with the same TV. I just had a repair guy tell me it would cost $750 to fix the Seine module. Hardly worth it, he told me, since something will probably break on a DLP again.

bigdufus wrote at 2010-04-30 14:52:54
The boot data stored on the seine module is corrupted. Download the firmware update from Toshiba and unzip the files and folders,copy the unzipped files & folders to a SD card (like a camera uses,I used a 2 gig). Unplug the tv and insert the card into the slot hidden behind the cover above the HDMI inputs. Plug in the tv and watch the yellow blinking stop and a solid blue will light when done. Unplug the tv, remove the card,plug in the tv and all will be good. You could now install the update per it's instructions.

www.tacp.toshiba.com/customersupport/model_firmware.asp?model=65hm167

JackDaf wrote at 2010-12-12 22:39:48
Whenever my power went out, my Toshiba DLP Model 65HM167 would go into a 3 blinking yellow light sequence and would no longer turn on.  This has happened for 3 years and eventually each time I was able to correct the problem by leaving it  unplugged for various random amounts of time. (days and weeks, not hours)  After the  most recent episode nothing would eliminate the dreaded 3 blinking yellow light pattern.  Thankfully, I found the above comments from bigdufus and it worked like a charm.  Thanks for your help bigdufus!

akkittykat wrote at 2011-03-05 18:22:20
Thanks bigdufus! Here it is one year since your solution and it is still providing answers.  Wanted to bump up the date.  It worked exactly like you said! ^5's from our house to yours!  

harlembear wrote at 2012-02-10 20:25:54
thanks bigdufus...it really worked...i new there was'nt anything bad wrong with my toshiba....it took me a couple of tries to get it write...had to reload my sd card (one gig) there is a little trick to it so if you can't get it one way try loading the card a differant way...when you down load from rapid,it shows 3 folders and 3 open files...i loaded my sd card with the open files one at a time then the folders next the same way...i had tried loading them all the way it was downloaded to my puter but did'nt work till i turned it around...but forsure it does work for the 3 yellow blinking lights....thank you so much...my be the last thing i buy from toshiba...no help from service dept.

Ken wrote at 2012-10-04 15:39:43
Would it be possible to re-post the link to the file? This just happened to my TV and I am trying desperately to fix it!

Thank you!

Jerrad wrote at 2012-10-11 00:40:33
Hey Ken! I am having this issue too!  I found the file by googling 2007SEN069.zip and round it on a rapid share.  Unfortunately I can't get my TV to take the update.  I am using a 256 and a 512 MB SD card with no luck.  I have read that most other people used a 2 gig SD card.  I guess I'll be looking to purchase one of these soon to test...

Tammie wrote at 2013-01-11 23:11:45
I am in the same situation and the file has been removed from rapidshare. If anyone has the file I would be most grateful.  

lwalcott wrote at 2013-01-25 04:34:56
Here is a link where you can get the file.

http://support.toshiba.ca/support/ceg/center/en/index.asp?s1=TV&s2=LCD&s3=42HL16

Please post if this works and how you did it. I have the same problem but can't get the files to take on my TV.

Bruce wrote at 2013-01-29 19:37:04
I went to the link and the file is not found there. Does anyone have this file or know where to get it? Your help is much appreciated.

-bruce

lwalcott wrote at 2013-01-31 01:26:39
Go to the link above and click on the tab that says "FIRMWARE". The name of the file is "2007 LCD TV Seine Update".

Aaladorn wrote at 2014-01-07 01:11:16
This fixed my TV as well.  use this link to download the firmware http://www.benjammin.net/~bkamen/school/

larrylegado wrote at 2014-05-21 16:18:14
Worked for me just as described.  Aladorn thanks for the link, and Bigdufus thanks for the instructions.  

ferrariman wrote at 2015-11-18 07:15:53
As of 11.17.15, this method worked well with my Toshiba 65" DLP which went into the three blinking lights (yellow) mode. Downloaded the    2007SEN069.zip file from: http://www.benjammin.net/~bkamen/school/.

Remember the following:

1. Use an older SD card. I used, finally, a 256MB card. I tried several newer cards (larger memory) but the television did not recognize these (I presumed, and was correct!).

2. Make sure the SD card is formatted in the "FAT" mode.

3. Follow above instructions and the blinking yellow light will change to a blue light and everything will be hunky dory.

Thank you to the person who suggested this answer: most useful.

Thanks.

SuzQ wrote at 2016-05-04 01:53:35
2016, and this fix still works.  My 65HM167 Toshiba TV started once again with the blinking yellow LED light but after reading through the recommendations stated in this forum, I was able to get it going.  Thanks guys!!

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Allan Wainwright