TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Maxent 50 inch mx-50x3

Thomas Dorsey wrote at 2014-06-28 16:41:58
I have the same tv I have been looking on the web its Radio Shack part # 272-1029, a 220uf, 35V radial electrolytic capacitor it is a capacitor and is to close to its voltage limit so it evaporates it is cap # c766 on the mail board next to the green heatsink the cap is 1.50 at radio shack  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Rick Montgomery

Most questions about 1970's-1980's audio equipment. Most 1980's -1990's VCR's and VCR combo's. Most 1980's-1990's car audio, except original equipment. I know name brand after-market such as Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, and some Sony. I am not so good with TV's, DVD's or camcorders. I do not work on Projection TV sets at all. I also have no access to documebntation for sets outside of the United States.

Professional Electronics Technician since 1975, specializing in most audio, home, portable and car. Also all VCR's. Limited TV knowledge. No projection TV experience

Through work, NESDA.

High School. Graduated with 2 yrs Vocational Electronics in High School.

Certificates of completion of factory training seminars for various brands

Thousands of customers to the Service Centers I have worked for.