TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/surround system speaker chirp

jon wrote at 2010-11-14 18:23:36
Does the chirp diminish when the volume is reduced to zero?

Chirping diminishes at very last few notches of volume, dissapearing only at ZERO sound, also ramps up faster then volume does.

when front left and front right speakers are removed, there is no chirping from any remaining speakers.

found a bent wire inside an hdmi-out port on the dvd player, as you look into the unit, top right wire. switched to alternate cable system, no change in chirping.

cables arnt long enough to rotate 90 degrees, but am still trying to reconfigure items :)

thank you for your rapid response!

Jon

Rob wrote at 2012-12-03 21:49:32
I don't know if this was every fixed, but I have the exact same receiver (Onkyo TX-sr875) and have the same issue. I took it in to Abt in Chicago and they replaced some $500 board but the unit still chirps. Does anyone have further knowledge of this situation??

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan