TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/surround system speaker chirp

jon wrote at 2010-11-14 18:23:36
Does the chirp diminish when the volume is reduced to zero?

Chirping diminishes at very last few notches of volume, dissapearing only at ZERO sound, also ramps up faster then volume does.

when front left and front right speakers are removed, there is no chirping from any remaining speakers.

found a bent wire inside an hdmi-out port on the dvd player, as you look into the unit, top right wire. switched to alternate cable system, no change in chirping.

cables arnt long enough to rotate 90 degrees, but am still trying to reconfigure items :)

thank you for your rapid response!

Rob wrote at 2012-12-03 21:49:32
I don't know if this was every fixed, but I have the exact same receiver (Onkyo TX-sr875) and have the same issue. I took it in to Abt in Chicago and they replaced some $500 board but the unit still chirps. Does anyone have further knowledge of this situation??

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio