TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/SOUND THERE PICTURE GOES BLACK

moreirac14@yahoo.com wrote at 2013-07-20 17:50:42
I also have the same TV: SP61L3HXX/AAG (I've had it since 2005; bought it while stationed overseas in Italy), and it just started doing the same identical thing Cleggsan described.  It turns on with perfect sound/video, but after a while (couple of minutes to a couple of hours), the video will shut off with a black screen and video still present.  I am sure it is probably the lamp (Amazon sells BP96-00826A for $60.00), but I would like to double-check with an expert before purchasing it. Just in case it might possibly be something else as well?  Thank you in advance

cleggsan wrote at 2013-07-23 16:22:16
Unfortunately with most flat screen tvs with lamps you must, usually, replace the lamp in order to progress further in finding out if it is the lamp or something else going on.  The bad news is once it has been installed in the tv the supplier will not take it back for return credit.  Many owners of earlier flat screen tvs buy two lamps, having a spare for replacement and for checking when things do go wrong.  All the best.

cleggsan  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan