TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA Colortrak 2000 cuts on and off repeatedly

Mitty wrote at 2013-01-25 17:38:44
Had a similar problem// Was an extreme amount of dust inside the cabinet combined with moisture from dampness. It was causing the high voltage to arc and shutting down the high voltage Flyback Transformer (Safety Feature) per Sams Photo-fact. I R&R cabinet, Vacuumed and CAREFULLY blew off chassis. I found where the HV was arcing on the cabinet (carbon-track,sanded it just a bit, sprayed some clear Krylon on the plastic and that TV STILL works! Excellent, but expensive investment in 1986, but really worth it. It is a Studio Monitor with a 105 pin Jack panel on the rear capable of just about anything. High Power Stereo Audio Output, @ 20Watts. EXCELLENT Bass and Treble out of the High Compliance Speakers on the cabinet. Have it hooked up to a Kenwood Super 11 RX/Amp and 2 Pioneer HPM-1500 Speakers that will shake the neighborhood. Played a video tape of Top Gun a few years back to demo the system for a young friend and he said he felt like he was on a Carrier launching Jets!!

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan