TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Mitsubishi LT-37131

Question
Good Morning,

I have a Mitsubishi LT-37131 LCD TV. When I turn it on the power light goes to blue, and then it clicks on and the status light goes to red. There is no sound or picture, but the TV still has power. I reset the TV with the reset button and the power light flashes blue for about a minute and then stops. I try to turn it on and the same thing happens. I opened up the TV and started unplugging cables to see if I could track down what the issue might be. I got to the backlight inverter and once I unplugged that, the status light did not go red, and it sounded like the speakers kicked on. But without being able to see what input the TV is on, it is hard to check to see if I have sound. Was thinking about ordering a new backlight inverter for about $50 but did not want to waste the money if it didnt sound like that was the issue. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much!

Answer
follow this and tell me your error code

LED Diagnostics Error Code Check
Note: The TV must be in “Shut Down” and not manually switched Off, to perform the Error Code Operational
Check. When the TV is switched Off, the code automatically resets to “12” No Error.
Press the front panel “INPUT” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and hold for 5 seconds to
activate the Error Code Operational Check. The POWER LED will then flash denoting a two digit Code.
Note: The front panel buttons must be used, NOT those on the Remote Control.
• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.
• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.
Example: If the Error Code is “32”, the LED will flash three times, pause, and then flash two times.
• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Allan Wainwright