TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/26 sanyo tv

Question
.my Sanyo lcd is model DP26649 , made april 2009. solid blue screen,no sound and i have unpluged it for a week,then still blue screen only. i have switched the cable several times out of the other tv . the signal to the tv i know is good. held the on off button in for 10 seconds , still blue screen only. no menu or anytning but blue screen. want to try to fix it myself , have experience on HVAC and some hardware on computers.i understand most of the tec terms . need your help      thanks jack

Answer
My guess would be it's the main board.  Can't be sure without testing.  You could try it and see if it fixes the problem.  You should expect to pay about $60; maybe less if you can find it on eBay.

Changing the board is a fairly straight forward operation.

You will find all the boards online for this model.  The blue screen problem is common to this model and I found some forums saying the main board was the problem but others say it was other boards.

Best wishes.  Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan