TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/42 in sanyo flat screen

when i turn on the tv it clicks on and then clicks off

This is  a common type of failure and can be caused from any number of break downs.

Most common is a power supply failure but it can be also from convergence failures (if it is a RPTV set), from audio amp or deflection failures.   Testing is usually necessary to find out for sure.

If you can give me the model number and age of the set we can give a better 'guess' as to what you might have to do to get it going again.  Every set has its own technology and we need the model number to get at that.

Thanks for your question.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio