TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/antenna recpetion

hi cleggsan,
 i just moved to brooklyn ny into an apartment right by the subway tracks (sleeping sucks!). but my biggest problem is every time a train comes by i lose the reception on my tv. is there a way to remedy this? i'm using an indoor antenna. the strangest part is that i lose all of my channels except the local abc channel; i checked on antennaweb, all the other networks are broadcasting from the exact same location as abc, yet they go out while i still get perfect reception from abc. THANK YOU

You could switch over to cable or satellite delivery;  it may give you a more secure signal.

The loss of reception is likely due to interference.  It is usually a function of radio frequency interference caused by electrical radiation from the train.

Why don't you try a different antenna and then try orienting it in the most advantageous position for rejection of the train interference and best reception of the tv programs. It may work to mitigate the problem you are having.

Hope this works.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio