TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/antenna recpetion

Question
hi cleggsan,
 i just moved to brooklyn ny into an apartment right by the subway tracks (sleeping sucks!). but my biggest problem is every time a train comes by i lose the reception on my tv. is there a way to remedy this? i'm using an indoor antenna. the strangest part is that i lose all of my channels except the local abc channel; i checked on antennaweb, all the other networks are broadcasting from the exact same location as abc, yet they go out while i still get perfect reception from abc. THANK YOU

Answer
You could switch over to cable or satellite delivery;  it may give you a more secure signal.

The loss of reception is likely due to interference.  It is usually a function of radio frequency interference caused by electrical radiation from the train.

Why don't you try a different antenna and then try orienting it in the most advantageous position for rejection of the train interference and best reception of the tv programs. It may work to mitigate the problem you are having.

Hope this works.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan