TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/APEX AT2704S - Blue Screen

This is regarding an APEX AT2704S.  The TV worked fine yesterday.  Turned the TV on this morning the screen is blue and there is red key in the bottom left corner.  There is no sound and the there is no result when the volume, TV/video or channel buttons are pushed.  I have unplugged the and re-plugged the TV but there is no change.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Seems you have accidentally activated the child or parental control lock out.  The owners manual gives you instructions on how to get out of it.

You can download the owners manual from the Internet with a basic google search finding.  Pages 11 and 12 contain the necessary information.

Hope this solves your problem.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio